For skin inflammation
Size : 100 g
Free Shipping + Tracking Number
Size : 100 g
Active ingredient : betamethasone valerate
Betnovate is used to help reduce the redness and itchiness of certain skin problems, such as eczema, psoriasis and dermatitis.
Do not use Betnovate:
- if you are allergic (hypersensitive) to betamethasone valerate or any of the other ingredients of Betnovate (listed in section 6)
- on a child under 1 year
- to treat any of the following skin problems, it could make them worse:
- severe flushing of skin on and around your nose (rosacea)
- spotty red rash around your mouth (perioral dermatitis)
- itching around your back passage or private parts
- infected skin (unless the infection is being treated with an anti-infective medicine at the same time)
- itchy skin which is not inflamed
How to use Betnovate
Always use this medicine exactly as your doctor has told you. Check with your doctor or pharmacist if you are not sure.
Using this medicine
- You usually apply Betnovate once or twice a day. This may be reduced as your skin begins to get better.
- This cream is for use on your skin only.
- Do not use more than the amount prescribed for you.
- Do not use on large areas of the body for a long time (such as every day for many weeks or months) – unless your doctor tells you to.
- The germs that cause infections like warm, moist conditions under bandages or dressings so always clean the skin before a fresh dressing is put on.
- If you are applying the cream on someone else make sure you wash your hands after use or wear disposable plastic gloves.
- If your skin problem does not improve in 2 to 4 weeks, talk to your doctor.
**** Guidance on how to apply the cream
1 Wash your hands.
2 Apply a thin layer to the affected area(s) and gently rub into the skin until it has all disappeared. You can measure how much Betnovate to use with your fingertip. For children you will need to use less cream but still use an adult finger to measure out the fingertip unit. The picture in the printed leaflet shows one finger tip unit
3 Unless you are meant to apply the cream to your hands as a part of the treatment, wash them again after using the cream.